I’ve been blue lately. All this worry over Covid-19 has gotten me down and I can’t escape it. It’s on every news channel, every social media app, it’s all anyone can talk about.
I have never lived through something so chaotic. I am continually amazed at the speed of information spread. It’s even faster than the virus itself. People are becoming anxious and worried about how this year will go, how their jobs will go, and how events they have planned or have RSVP’ed to will go. I have some simple advice for not only my clients, but for everyone.
- Wash your hands and disinfect things that might spread germs. Such a simple reminder but one that needs to be taken seriously
- If you are sick-stay home. For real, you don’t need to do anything that will put other people in harm’s way. It’s not that important, and if it is, ask someone to do it for you.
- Don’t buy things you don’t need. You know who you are.
- Brides and Grooms-communicate with your vendors. This is so key. Even though we are business people, we are also invested your love story and we only want to do what is right for you and your guests. But like I said, we are business people. If you plan to cancel, there will be no refunds. Your best option is to reschedule for the fall, winter, or even next year. Your deposits should be transferable to a new date as long as that date is available to your vendors.
- If you have a dress, a tux, a bridal party, food, cake, flowers, photographer, and Dj-really think about cutting your guest list and live streaming your party! You will still be able to share the day with those you love while not putting their health in jeopardy. It will also bring them peace of mind to not have to cancel their RSVP!
- If you are attending an event and want to cancel your RSVP-do it now! Let your hosts know so they can make the proper arrangements with their vendors. It will help them save not only money but also waste- and we all love to help to save the planet!
With all this being said, just try to be kind and share in the burdens as much as you can! Help families who can’t take their children out in public, make meals for the self quarantined, ask your neighbor how they are doing. John 14:27 says
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Let’s try to spread peace and calm troubled hearts amid all this fear. God bless you all and I hope these photos will make you smile too.
Share this story